Setting up a donation website is not enough to boost virtual fundraising. You face many challenges every now and then. Sometimes, a poor user experience and an incompetent design becomes a huge hurdle and fails to deliver the fundraising cause.
But focusing on a few website elements can reap fruitful results. You can enhance donor relationships, encourage people to donate online, showcase success stories, and whatnot.
Using the right tricks and tactics can inspire donors in no time, compelling them to donate to their favorite cause. And when the process is simple and straightforward, there is no difficulty at all.
Wondering what these ideas are?
We are here to help you with some innovative strategies for online fundraising. Here are our top 5 recommendations for you:
1. Create a Grateful Patient’s Page
After receiving life-changing treatments, individuals and their families wish to express gratitude. Their satisfaction and successful life-changing treatments recovery serve as evidence of your work. Creating a separate page for highlighting these achievements is a helpful tip for motivating new donors.
Here are a few suggestions for creating this page:
- Highlight the giving in each program.
- Share which healthcare experts were involved.
- Use visuals to add an aesthetic appeal.
- Keep a soft and empathetic tone when creating content.
- Add an option to donate directly from this page.
- Do not forget to add call-to-action buttons.
2. Design a Stellar Donation Form
One page on your website requires critical attention – the donation form.
Visitors reaching this page have already made up their minds to donate. To keep their motivational level high and maintain engagement, showcase the creativity that can enhance visual appeal.
One idea is to incorporate background imagery to highlight your mission. For instance, healthcare fundraisers can display medical camps, awareness campaigns, distribution of medical aid, etc.
Not only is this, but other donation form elements should also be appealing yet intuitive. A self-explanatory form with simple details and suggestions for quick actions can make things easier for a donor. At the same time, a unique yet impressive design can inspire donors to take immediate action.
Here are a few suggestions for your online fundraising form:
- Accept payment through multiple payment options.
- Give an option of donating anonymously.
- Give the option of recurring donations.
- Display a thank you message once donors complete filling out the form.
- Add an option of covering the processing fee from the donor’s side to receive 100% payment.
- Avoid adding too many fields and stick only to the necessary requirements.
- Include a call to action.
- Mention proof of security by displaying a security badge.
3. Focus on Mobile Giving
You must have a good idea about the massive traffic coming through mobile devices. According to stats, it is above 50%. It means if you don’t focus on mobile giving, you will regret missing out on a bundle of opportunities.
That is why create a mobile-responsive design for your donation website. It will adjust as per the screen of mobile devices, leaving a significant impact on people visiting your site through smartphones.
Let us find out some more perks of this design:
- It increases the probability of recurrent donations due to ease and convenience.
- It enables the donors to donate even on the go.
- Donors can view all the suggested amounts.
- It gives the donors an intuitive experience and helps maintain long-term relationships.
4. Create a Fundraising Web Store
Apart from taking direct donations, entice donors with your fundraising web store. It will give them an extra option and boost engagement. Appreciate donors who visit your website to check out the web store, which is your virtual fundraiser.
And getting started with a web store is not at all difficult. You just need to keep a few things in mind. Some of them include:
Find a Reliable Product Fundraising Company
Fortunately, many product fundraising companies are present to assist you. You can research the products and profit margins of some good companies and choose the one that looks the best.
You can also look at the products they offer and their past performance. This way, you can streamline your process without any difficulty.
Choose Products that can Relate
One essential thing for the product selection phase is choosing the right products. Try to opt for products that can somehow relate to your cause. For instance, if you provide medical health services, products like instruments, machines, apparatus, etc, can be the right choices for you.
However, remember to consider the target audience. See which medical equipment is more related to your audience and their needs.
Promote your Store
Creating a store will be useless if you don’t promote it. Let previous donors know about your products through a direct message or use social media to make an announcement.
You can also hit emotions through interactive and touchy videos. Likewise, sharing images of your past performance and letting others know about your success stories can also leave a lasting impression.
5. Use a Data-Driven Dashboard
Getting insights into your data becomes difficult when you have a huge donor base. You can make it easier with a data-driven dashboard. This way, knowing the impact of your campaigns will be a matter of minutes.
Here are a few benefits of a data-driven dashboard:
- Knowing about recurrent donors.
- Knowing about the highest donation amounts.
- Understanding the impact of incorporating new elements on your website.
- Analyzing the result of each campaign.
Additionally, you can do targeted messaging with the help of this data. It will save time and help you reach the right audience with minimal effort.
Be it a web store or a dedicated page for grateful patients, a data-driven dashboard, or a mobile-friendly web design, every element plays a vital role in delivering an exceptional user experience. Once you successfully design an impressive website, you can propel online fundraising with a solid revenue stream.
If the above strategies look challenging, get in touch with Karachi Digital Marketing agency. Our team can come up with a creative design solution for your website.